If you’re interested progressing in life, it’s important to make feng shui adjustments to important areas such as the north (career/opportunities) and northwest (helpful people/mentors) sectors. These two sectors are critical for helping you rise in prominence.
Enhancing the north sector (of your living room, your house, and in your office or business) helps opportunities to come your way. This is done by adding water elements to this sector. As always, when I talk about a sector, I am talking about one of the 9 “palaces” of the lo shu square (the feng shui roadmap that I offer free to all my subscribers). And, as always, in addition to the nine areas of your home, you’ll also want to divide your living room or office into 9 palaces and enhance each one accordingly.
But it’s not all about the north. No, the saying goes that it’s not what you know, but who you know, which explains why you need mentors and helpful people who can advise you and give you the proper introductions to help you move ahead in life and in business.
It’s interesting how different the Western and Eastern views about mentors are. In Eastern beliefs, you always want to have someone in a prominent position to help you in your endeavors, and these influential people often seek out and want protégés to whom they can pass along their knowledge and to assist them.
In Western, and more so, American, opinions, this assistance is seen as a weakness. Americans often want to “blaze their own trails” and build their careers and business all on their own so they can savor the pride of doing it on their own.
However, in today’s corporate environment, and in an increasingly more competitive world, everyone needs a benefactor or helpful guide. But, to gain this type of relationship, you have to be able to be seen by someone in the position to help you. This is where the south sector comes in.
The south is the direction that is associated with recognition and fame. To have a well-designed and helpful south sector, certain elements must be in harmony. If not, you will struggle to gain recognition – and fame will certainly be elusive.
With a poor south sector, you will be left feeling like you are chest-deep in the ocean and waving your arms wildly trying to get someone to notice you. Not a good situation if you are trying to get a book published, or to come to the attention of superiors, get a new job, if you are an actor, or even a single person trying to catch the eye of an admirer.
That’s why the south sector is so important. Where is the south sector? The south, of course. Using a compass, you will want to locate the south corner of your home and office and enhance this area appropriately (refer to the lo shu link in the newsletter-sign up in top right of this page). Use the tips below to help you boost your south sector and get the attention and recognition you crave — and deserve!
1. Lights, camera, action. Light up the south wall of your living room by painting this wall red, adding lights or candles to this area. Place uplights into the bottoms of planters to shine light up into plants. Be sure to make this area bright and well-lit.
2. Call attention to yourself. If you have a university degree, letters of commendation, published articles, trophies, or any kind of recognition whatsoever, place these on the south wall of your living room, office, or waiting area in a business.
3. Use the power of 9. The number nine is the number associated with the south, so if you have pictures taken with famous people or other prestigious items to decorate with, put them into groups of nine on the south wall. Better still, put them all into red frames for extra recognition energy!
4. Complement the south. The south is the direction of fire, so use complementary elements here. Don’t want to paint your south wall red? Then try green or brown shades instead. These are associated with wood and the wood element feeds the fire element.
5. Plant some recognition. In the south portion of your yard or garden, plant shrubs that have red flowers and place lights out in this area of the garden. Or, plant a beautiful tree that turns red in the fall. Plants indoors are also great additions to the south part of the house (provided it is not a bedroom).
6. Bring on the sun. If you have a picture of a sunrise, or figure of the sun, or anything with the sun or sunlight in it, put it in the south sector of your living room or home. This will “shine” on you and build your reputation. Even sunflowers are auspicious here!
7. The bird is the word. Use birds in the south to bring good news and recognition to you. If you can find an image of the Chinese phoenix, place this there. If not, birds such as roosters, parrots, or peacocks are all acceptable substitutes. Even peacock feathers are good here. Try using 9 peacock feathers in a wooden vase to stimulate the south energy.
8. Get to the point. The south is enhanced by anything that is pointed. Therefore, triangles, arrows, or anything that is pointed represents the tip of a flame, and therefore, fire energy. If you have pyramids or triangles, place these (in groups of 9 would be best!) in the south.
9. Chime in. Ever wonder about the best place to hang bamboo windchimes? This is the place! Being made of wood, these are complementary to the south and lift the chi of the south. Make sure they have more than 5-rods, though, as a 5-rod chime would press down the chi (energy) of the south. Six, seven, eight, or nine rod chimes lift the chi and stimulate the south energy.
STEP INTO THE SPOTLIGHT
Come out of the shadows and pursue your dream of being famous — or at least recognized for your expertise.
The Red Lotus Letter SPECIAL REPORT can help you
GET YOURSELF NOTICED: 88 Ways to Gain Attention, Recognition, and Fame
It’s packed with over 10 pages of tips — 88 in all — with ways to enhance your living room, bedroom, and what to do if your fame sector is in the bathroom. This is for anyone who’s interested in serious recognition — perfect for artists, writers, actors, news or media personalities.
If you are in the public eye, or want to be, this has all the unique feng shui advice you won’t read anywhere else — like Tip #9 tells how a volcano can help get you noticed, or Tip #40 tells you how to activate the ‘Fame’ chi, or tip 81…
Start putting your name in the limelight today!
CLICK HERE TO ORDER:
GET YOURSELF NOTICED: 88 Ways to Gain Attention, Recognition, and Fame and you could be reading it in minutes.
© K Weber Communications LLC 2002-2009
Kathryn Weber is the publisher of the Red Lotus Letter Feng Shui E-zine and certified feng shui consultant in classical Chinese feng shui. Kathryn helps her readers improve their lives and generate more wealth with feng shui. For more information and to receive her FREE Ebook “Easy Money – 3 Steps to Building Massive Wealth with Feng Shui” visit www.redlotusletter.com and learn the fast and fun way how feng shui can make your life more prosperous and abundant!
Copyright Kathryn Weber. All rights reserved.
Powered by Facebook Comments