By Kathryn Weber
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about orders at Shopredlotus.com.
Please note that you should receive an email with notification of your purchase. Please save the email in case you do not receive your order; you will have this email as your reference. Unfortunately, many spam filters have sometimes been known block our emails, so be sure to check your junk or spam folders in case your verification of sale email has landed there.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We only accept payments via PayPal, but you do not have to have a PayPal account and you can purchase items with your Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit cards.
Can I pay by e-check?
Yes, but if you are paying through PayPal using an eCheck, please be aware that we will only ship your order after the payment has been cleared.
What if my shipping address is different than my billing address?
For security reasons, we generally only ship items to your PayPal registered mailing address. Make sure you have notified us of the correct shipping address.
What are your shipping policies?
- Our shipping rates include processing, packaging, shipping, and handling.
- We are not responsible for orders placed to undeliverable addresses.
- We reserve the right to charge for return shipment in the case of an incorrect address being supplied by the buyer.
- Any non-received items resulting from the buyer’s incorrectly entered address (via PayPal or otherwise) are not eligible for our refund or replacement policies.
- Items are generally shipped usually within 2 business days after an approved payment by the buyer (Saturday and Sunday excluded).
Do you ship outside of the US?
Yes, we do, but please be aware that we DO NOT charge VAT or any type of INTERNATIONAL TAX and these taxes may be collected from you by the postal service once the item has been received in your country.
By law we must also clearly state the exact amount of the items shipped and we cannot legally falsify the amount of the items ordered as costing less than they do. We will hold international shipments for 48 hours and, depending upon the item ordered, we will send an email to verify that you are aware there will be VAT or other TAXES to be collected upon receiving your order.
Is there anything I should be aware of about my purchase?
Please be aware that we go to great lengths to ensure you are fully apprised of the item you are purchasing and all descriptions include size measurements, details about construction, close up photography of the item, and make of the item and other pertinent design details. Many of the items on the site are manufactured in China or other countries outside of the US and are hand finished, detailed, or constructed.
Most items are not machine made and will have the marks of a handmade item. These small and minor imperfections should not be considered as flawed or damaged. Most Red Lotus Boutique items are hand produced and these defects are a normal by- product in the manufacturing process. These small imperfections will not alter the effectiveness of the product.
What if I want a refund?
- All electronic downloads, clearance and sale items are non-refundable.
- We fully guarantee our items. All products are brand new from the manufacturer unless otherwise specified clearly in the description.
- All returns, whether for defective products or otherwise, must be pre-authorized by us. Please contact us to get approval and the return address before shipping the returned item.
- In all cases, shipping fees for the return of an item (whether for refund or exchange) are the responsibility of the buyer. Replacement merchandise will be shipped free of charge.
- Replacements will be shipped upon receipt of the returned item.
- Damaged or Broken Items: please notify us upon receipt via email that item has come in damaged and return within 5 days of notification. If an item breaks within 15 days of purchase, please notify via email that the item has broken and return within 5 days of notification. Once damaged items have been received, you may have a choice of a new item to be shipped, repaired or a full refund. Since we pay for the majority (often all) of the initial shipping costs, we do not pay for item return shipping charges.
- Items you no longer want: Items may be returned within 10 days for a refund less a 25% restocking fee. All items must be in usable, resalable condition. If you have concerns about shipping, please insure your shipment. Upon receipt of items, the refund will be processed. Since we pay for most shipping costs, we do not pay for item return shipping charges.
Our goal is to make sure you are a happy buyer and enjoy a pleasant buying experience with us. Please email us before initiating a paypal dispute. We understand the concerns and frustrations of shopping online, and will do our best to resolve the issues.